A Day In My Life


Saturday, August 12, 2006

The Day Has Come

The much-awaited day of the concert is finally here. In about 3 hours, I will be leaving for that old and stinky dewan sivik (civics hall). I'll be "killing my already hoarsed-out voice" which was how Mr. Peter had somewhat described the choir after the student's performance yesterday.

I must say however that this 'much-awaited' day doesn't bring much excitement to me which means no more escaping homework and boring teachers and nonetheless skipping lessons like nobody's business.

I really hope the audience will enjoy tonight's performance and at the same time hear the choir's voices. One way or another, its the dancers who'll get all the limelight. For us it'll only be less than a minute during the rendition of "new york" and "music,music,music" which by the way is fucking unorderly. Not that i'm being jealous but we'll just have to face the fact. Furthermore, while the dancers have the most col
ourful costumes ever we get fully black ones. I think all the audience will see of us are our brightly-coloured ties and colour-sprayed hair.

Added to my frustrations is why Mr.Peter had to choose that dreadful civics hall as this year's venue. Most of the people I asked found DBKL even better. This civics hall is bloody old, rusty and stinky. It was apparently commisioned way back in 1982 .. so you can imagine how old is it. Hopefully it crumbles after our performance tonight. I even heard teachers complaining about it with mrs. matthews yesterday.

So lets hope all participants 'unite' and do our best to make this event as extravagant as possible.

To all dancers : Please do not hate me .. I'm not jealous of you all but merely hating the devil aka. Vicky .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home