A Day In My Life


Wednesday, June 07, 2006

My Music

Since I have nothing else to blog about, I'll just be listing down the top 16 songs that I think are certainly worthwhile downloading which by the way totally rocks. Go download them coz they're nice. Grouped in no particular order.
  1. For You I Will (Confidence) - Teddy Geiger
  2. Who Knew - Pink
  3. Hips Don't Lie - Shakira
  4. What's Left Of Me - Nick Lachey
  5. The Adventure - Angels and Airwaves
  6. Stay With You - Goo Goo Dolls
  7. Beatiful Love - The Afters
  8. You're All I Have - Snow Patrol
  9. California - Phantom Planet
  10. Promiscous - Nelly Furtado
  11. When It All Falls Apart - The Veronicas
  12. Move Along - All American Rejects
  13. High - James Blunt
  14. Because You Live - Jesse McCartney
  15. Rush - Aly & AJ
  16. Perfect Time of Day - Howie Day
On top of that, there have been a few new programmes on Star World and MTV which I have been watching. Among them is "Beauty and the Geek" on Star World. It is a reality show where you have 7 geeks being matched up with 7 hot beauties. They live in the same house, sleep on the same beds and participate in the stuff together. When I mean geeks, they truly are. I haven't seen such people at all in my life. You don't even find them in pur school .. thank god while the beauties are serious bimbo's who did not know how to spell words like 'tattoo' and 'calendar'.


Generally, there are two tasks, one for the geek n one for the beauty which are partnered. They have to teach each other on these issues. The most recent challenges were about fashion for the geeks and for the beauties, rocket science n astronomy. I guess you can figure out the type of challenges given to each one. The winners are then able to pick 2 other groups to face elimination where the two teams are asked questions about their challenge topics. The group with the lowest scores evidently get eliminated.


I personally dislike one of the geeks named
Richard. That's him up there. You'll know if you watch. He's so irritating and is such a suck up. Despite being a geeky kinda show, there were still scandals where the gals started falling for one of the "hot" geeks there. Well, isn't that just the usual thing about reality shows. Fyi, two episodes are shown on Star World every Wednesday from 8 - 10 pm. An interesting thing to note is that this reality show is co-produced by Ashton Kutcher, the undeniable Master of Punk'd. In US, they're already showing Season 2 with Season 3 coming on. Must be good I guess ..


Another new show that I've been watching is 8th & Ocean on MTV. Yet another reality show but its about modelling .. lol. It's created by the same producers of Laguna Beach. Well, it revolves around the lives of 10 very talented female and male models in popular Ocean Beach, Miami, Florida namely
Adrian, Kelly, Vinci, Sabrina, Tracie, Talesha, Teddy, Briana, Sean and Britt. They all work under a rather prestigious modelling agency called Irene Marie Management. They all live in this apartment-like place with all the other models. They stay there waiting for job opportunities constantly going on casting calls and of course fashion shows.


The models go on regular photo shoots for clients interested in them. There are both guys and gals. Each week you just watch their lives pass with competition, jealousy and romance. I'm expecting the main character to be this new gal named Britt bcoz she's the first one introduced in the first episode. Also, the theme song of this show is Beautiful Love by The Afters .. nice.

I'm not sure when its shown but one thing I'm sure of is that its shown on MTV. I watched on Saturday afternoon last week. Can anyone tell me what happened to MTV's show times? They seem to have revamped it. For example Pop Inc is now at 7 pm instead of 8. I don't even know when TRL's shown anymore although I managed to catch it at
2 AM !! It used to be from 9.30 - 10.30 pm. Anyone can tell me why and when it's gonna be shown ??

3 Comments:

  • trust mtv to come up with this sort of shows... ppl who take part in most mtv shows seem to be desperate.

    mtv policy for reality shows:
    1. Girl must be hot and dress exposively
    2. Guy can be ugly.

    such are the values of mtv...

    By Blogger yj, at 2:01 PM  

  • dude, was reading your earlier posts and you can get the season 3 boxset at sungei wang...it's fake, though :P

    By Blogger Unknown, at 5:37 PM  

  • Thanks, Pia. You saw it ?? How much do you think it'll be ..

    By Blogger Brandon, at 9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home