A Day In My Life


Thursday, June 01, 2006

June Has Come

Yes people .. June is finally here. Half of year 06 gone and I don't get to go anywhere this hols.. sad. Well at least i did today. I had to go for choir practice today which meant waking up early .. aarghh as well as going to school facing the early morning office rush on the lrt. Not fun till bandaraya station that is. My sis on the other hand was gonna go to klcc with her frens n lepak.

So, my dad asked me to go to klcc after practice since it would be easier to pick me up there after my sis finishes. I tried with all my might to find someone to go to but no one would. Is klcc that horrible? Everyone just goes to 1U or MV. I ended up in kinokuniya reading a book for people planning for their round-the-world trips for the 1st time. Interesting and informative. Hopefully I may be able to do it someday .. dream oonnn. Met up with my sis n frens who originally planned to watch Da Vinci themselves (they're oly 12) when even I can't enter. Why must it be 18PL !!! They ended up watching a Canto show called We Are Family which my sis claimed was nice n had appearances by Shaun Lee n Joshua Ang (I Not Stupid) n Gurmit Singh as Phua Chu Kang of course.

As for me, I watched Poseidon despite having initial doubts of whether to watch Over The Hedge (lame), The Benchwarmers or X-3. Thus , I shall give you all my personal account of this Titanic-like movie. Take note, this is my first ever blog review ..perasan.



Poseidon is as I have said, a Titanic-like movie minus the sex n icebergs. This 'magnificent' ship, "Poseidon" is carrying a bunch of fun-loving rich brats on a cruise during New Year's Eve. While enjoying themselves, a huge wave nearly triple the height of the ship topples n overturns it. The usual hoo-hah's occur and suddenly you see this bunch of people ignoring the captain's instructions finding their very own way out. You find them facing these challenges with tears, fear n bravery... One or two die halfway and after a lil bit of sacrifice, these people finally find their way out n get saved while the hundreds of other passengers die in the sinking ship.

This movie happens to be the movie-debut for Stacy Ferguson well known as Fergie of the Black Eyed Peas as the very talented singer named Gloria. Important well-known ones of the cast are Josh Lucas, Amy Rossum, Kurt Russel , Jacinda Barrett n Mia Maestro. One weird thing I noticed was the very revealing fact that they had used a few dummies to portray the bodies of dead people. It looked dumb .. realli. Still, it had cool stunts. Furthermore, the movie was sort of a simplified Physics lesson involving pressure, density and ballast tanks. At the same time, I would compliment those involved to portray some love between characters despite being an adventure thriller kind of movie. I am now gonna think twice before going on another ' Star Cruise ' since I know I won't be able to survive till such great depths. However, the movie is fiction.

Pros : Cool stunts, that little love in it, a small lesson in Physics (bleh)
Cons : Dummies posing as dead bodies , characters too dramatic at times, predictable plot

Rating : 3/5

-Adios-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home