A Day In My Life


Friday, August 18, 2006

Librarians Lunch



The
librarians or library prefects had their annual lunch, get-together thing at mandarin oriental on wednesday. It would be more suitably known as a farewell like how the prefects call theirs. We had the choice of legend and swiss garden. Mandarin was obviously the best choice in spite of the RM 78.50 price tag.


I must add that I am already bored of mandarin oriental's buffet. I've ate the same thing there too many times even on one occasion, my birthday. I absolutely love
lemon garden at shangri-la even though I've eaten there a number of times. I must note that they have an excellent chocolate fountain there. Better than dipping strawberries in chocolate at mandarin. Before I forget, Equatorial hotel has the worst buffet selection I've tasted. Never ever pay to eat there .. Yoong jie wants next year's lunch to be at some mamak. NO WAY ! I'm insisting to go shangri-la next year. Hopefully it comes true ..


One thing I love about these out-of-school events is definitely missing almost half of the school day. Furthermore you don't even necesarrily need to go back to school after the event. One funny thing happened today. I was asked to help carry a
cake with johann aka. mango to matthew's car for the 3 principals. They drove there while we had to use public transport wearing our uniform. Mr. Peter actually spoke to me in an unusual 'have i seen you before' manner perhaps ignoring our not very interesting history. Mrs Peter asked me to help because I know how to get back to the hotel without getting lost .. blek

Went to klcc after the lunch. Kenneth, krystal, hari, yoong jie, may ling, arthur, wai shan and a few others went as well. They however left much earlier. I sadly went to watch
click at 5 all by myself. The cinema was quite full considering it was a weekday but then again it was at 5. I can't help complaining about how slow the workers are at the TGV klcc foodline. Almost missed the beginning of click.


Any movie featuring Adam Sandler will definitely be funny. It is one nice yet funny movie to watch. Seriously makes you think about all the stress we encounter in our daily lives. I was pitifully seated next to a very irritating man who had to laughs and occasionally snorts .. eww at even the lamest parts of the movie.

It wasn't boring as some people had told me it was. I definitely did not cry at the sad ending which nicholas actually thought I would cry for. As touching and abrupt as it may be, it was not enough to make me shed a
tear. The only movies which endings almost made me cry are A Walk To Remember and Lilo and Stitch.


Before leaving klcc, I managed to buy the
Angels and Airwaves album which I have been longing for. Fyi, its now on promotion for about rm 35. Its a birthday present by the way. For those who have never heard of this band, they're a newly-formed band. Their lead is the brilliant Tom DeLonge. I'm hooked on all of their songs. They just sound different, like out of the ordinary. Can't exactly explain but you'll probably know when you listen to one of their songs ..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home