A Day In My Life


Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Incarnacion

I haven't been doing much this week. Before the holidays started, I promised and hoped to study my history and science subjects. Till today however I haven't touched a single book. Besides my add maths which I did in school on saturday, I haven't completed any homework at all .. mati.

I've been either on the computer and waking up late all the time. Went out to
klcc today with cousins to watch nacho libre. Aunt treated us at little penang. I ordered unnatural tasting char keow teoy. Before the movie, I went to kinokuniya. I saw terng sheng, schwep bing, hann jiunn and a few more on the way.

I surprisingly bought
2 books from kino today. The new nicholas sparks book - At First Sight and sadly The Devil Wears Prada, apparently nice. Rather read before watching the movie and I'm quite sure people would wanna borrow it. I just found out the nick sparks book is the continuation from true believer so damn it .. i'll have to buy true believer too. Besides I plan to buy The Wedding too which is the continuation from The Notebook. I'm still waiting for someone to get me the set of dan brown books.

As I said, the original plan was to watch nacho libre which we did. There were lots of people in klcc and especially at the cinemas. I've always wondered why there are people crowding around some screen outside the cinema entrance watching trailers. Today I became one of them because we can apparently only go into the respective halls 5 minutes before showtime. So, there I was standing there watching trailers holding
popcorn and coke.


Nacho Libre was just an ok film. It seemed extremely funny at first from all the media coverage and though the fact that jack black's starring in it but it was overall
lame. I guess it was all the lameness that supposedly made it funny. The laughter was just short-lived at times. All in all, its the story of Nacho (Jack Black) who generally is some i would say silly worker cum slave in some church in mexico.

Being treated badly in church, he aspires to be a
champion boxer. He sucks at it but goes out every night to get knocked out still gaining some cash. Not to forget is his little crush on some hot nun who eventually empowers him to be the champion. He also has some stupid side-kick by the name of Esquelito (not sure whether its the right spelling). School of Rock is a 1000000 times better than this . .

Overall Rating : 2/5

Before I forget, I came upon fucking irritating people in the cinema again. There were these three malay boys sitting in front of me and my cousin. There were laughing like five year old girls whenever sumthin lame came up. They also had to comment in malay loudly like
" eww .. busuknya .. tak leh tahan lah kalau saya". Come on .. couldn't they just laugh like normal teenage boys. Their little girl giggles are not appealing or anything .. it's irritating to the max !! So much for "Amalan Murni Budaya Kita". Learn some cinema etiquette .. you jakuns !!!

-adios-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home