A Day In My Life


Thursday, December 28, 2006

Ni Una Sola Palabra

The past week I dare say has been a week full of 'action'. Lots of unexpected and fun stuff happened.

First of all, my mum's maid, Annie whom she brought along from manila ran away. Yes, RAN AWAY! Dia telah LARI. She was supposed to go back to manila on the 29th as my mum didn't want her anymore. We even issued her air ticket already. She didn't wanna go home and thus felt it was better to run away which we presume was partly caused by the influence from some of her friends.

She went out in the afternoon and she was not back yet even at 7 pm. It was then only at about 8.30 that she sms-ed my mum telling her that stuff and that she was with her new employer in pamplona. That we didn't believe coz she couldn't have reached pamplona in such a short time. Trust me we're still happily surviving here. In fact we're really happy coz there are just times when you won't be able to stand her attitude. Changing the lyrics of a PCD song, it would be "I don't need a maid to make it happen" .. sounds so wrong. Enough of this now.



Remember when I blogged on how there was only one computer to be shared with four people under one roof. The situation now has changed thanks to my step-dad who recently bought a brand new computer! The old one just couldn't start anymore so yeah it should just end up in some junkyard. Pretty much explains the sudden fluctuation in the number of posts on this blog. This ASUS system is working well for me despite having a spanish OS. Intel Core 2 Duo processor mind you. =)

The highlight of the past week was something I eagerly wanted to blog about but just didn't find time to. I saw Real Madrid yet again. My fourth time having seen them thrice last year. I was lucky to see them for their last match of the year as we had previously missed them two times since we arrived. Trust me you don't really feel like waiting for them after so many times but we didn't have much to do so why not. I know anyone reading this would probably feel like slapping me but it really ain't that fun to wait that way anymore.



I must say that my photos this time really sucked coz the stupid guard kept on blocking my camera at the wrong times. I must say however that it was definitely worth seeing Cannavarro and Van Nistelrooy. The rest were just the usual. Did I mention that I almost got the chance to shake Casillas hands but just missed it. Ohh yah, Fabio Capello's face is just as sui-yong-ish as you always see in his pictures. Funny thing is that my sister's best shot was of that effing coach. I'll just show you all pictures of the RMA bus. Don't want people stealing the players pics. Kiamsiap ..



That same day, Real Madrid signed on another new Franco-Argentine, ex-Boca Juniors player, Gonzalo Higuaín. I'm not sure why but he just looks like some glimmer of hope for RMA. This is what I just presume from looking at that beaming face but I can't be sure as I'm no fortune teller. What's more, he's only 19. I'm sure female fans out there would be screaming for him soon coz I can already hear my sis and mum doing quite so.


A few days later, ex-River Plate player,
Fernando Gago was signed on. If i'm not mistaken, he was very much sought after by RMA and there was a lot of talks between Real and River Plate. Pray and hope RMA will do better with these two. One way or another, Ramón Calderón's promises are kind of fulfilled though he initially promised to bring in Kaka and Torres as well. That would make it 6 new signings this season including Diarra, Marcello, Cannavarro and Van Nistelrooy.

The Malaysian embassy staff had their x'mas party last thursday at this buffet restaurant called sigland. They decided to invite us too since they love my gila mum so much. We try avoiding coz we didn't wanna fatten ourselves with another buffet but they insisted. My mum is also sick of the food there coz she used to go there every single week for the parties of various filipino associations in madrid. It's just silly that they keep on using the same place. Don't people get bored?



Sigland has a cool ambience the moment you step in and it was rather filled that day during siesta. Like every other buffet there's lot of filling food like sushi, pasta and pizza which would make you full real fast. Stupid people always tend to take lots of this for some funny reason. It ain't worth it. We even skipped all the oriental food served coz it will obviously taste horrible. My mum would be able to cook the same stuff 100% better. Thus, the only thing really worth eating there is the seafood, meat and the desserts especially the crepe which I didn't manage to try.

The staff had some exchange present thing among themselves which was really funny. It had something to do with my darling or something like that. It took me a while to get the game. At the end, I was glad I didn't overeat like how I always do in buffets. Only makes you feel horibble and it only makes you FATTER ! Overall, sigland ain't that bad but I doubt so if i'll go there again for lunch.


Group Pic (L-R) : Jenny, Shakira, Mum, Brendi, Me,
Syam, Enrique, Fauzi, Faridah, Ayub

My sis, Brendi's got something brand new to show off to the world which is her new phone. The latest Nokia 5300 which looks superbly good especially with its music player function. It has a rather clear screen and camera too. My sis lost her phone sometime this year so now she has a phone to use. Hopefully she keeps it safe. I know her Fernando Torres waa
llpaper seems strange but you just cn't stop any girls obsession over hot futbol players.



If my sis got something new, so do I. I recently bought a new mp4 player. No, it's not that expensive yet bulky Zen Vision M but it's close enough. A Creative Zen V Plus was what I got. Bought at Mediamarkt for the price of 199 euros. I knew I needed a new player so I canvassed around for almost a month. I had enough cash from some savings and my PMR cash from last year. I actually wanted the Samsung T-9 but it was out of stock. Opted for Samsung K-5 but it was only available in 2 GB.



So my final choice was the Zen V Plus. I must say that i'm not entirely satisfied with it but it's better than nothing. However, if I do find a 4GB samsung k-5, I'm so gonna switch. Here in spain, everything you buy is refundable as long as it does not exceed 21 days. Cool rite but many spanish kinda take advantage out of it.



Here's some of its specs :
- 4 GB memory
- Brilliant full color 1.5" 128 x 128 pixels OLED display
- Up to 15 hours for continuous audio playback
- 43.5 x 67.5 x 15.9mm
- 43.5 g
- FM Radio
- Voice Recording
- Mass Storage Device
- Built-in Microphone
- Image and Video(AVI) viewer

So far it's been working really well. It produces sound of superb quality and the screen colours are amazing. The only complaint I have is that the player freezes and hangs when playing certain videos. The only way to solve this is by pressing the small reset button which can only be reached using a needle. Frustrating . . really.



Another purchase I made at mediamarkt was the zapatillas, el canto del loco's album that came out last year. El canto del loco is like the best spanish band ever if you ask me. Just love all their songs. I had downloaded all the songs but I just had to have the original album. Lucky for me, it was on promotion and I bought for only 5 euros ! That's like only about rm 20. There is this other new ecdl dvd which is out. Wanna buy it too but it's 19 euros. I only have like about 10 euros left ..



Since we were all shakira fans, my mum decided to buy the shakira two in one album which was also on promo. For the price of 13 euros, you get Fijacion Oral vol. 1 (spanish album) and Oral Fixation vol. 2 (english album) plus a limited edition dvd. It's seriously worth to buy. You would never find such a good deal back in kl. One of the reasons why I fucking adore mediamarkt. They're even selling original Lost season 1 and 2 discs for 45 euros! If only I had more cash ..



Lastly, my sis and I received a shared x'mas gift from my step-dad and mum. They got us a external hard drive for our computer which we kind of need too. For 89 euros only and we got a 250 GB Lacie external HD. 250 GB is a LOT !! I just can't imagine how both of us are gonna fill it up. It would probably last for 10 years or more. A thoughtful yet very useful gift indeed.

-adios y hasta luego-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home