A Day In My Life


Saturday, June 17, 2006

Eau de toilette , eau de parfum

Elegantly called the above, I have come to the subject of perfumes or colognes not because of jiam's recent blog entry but because I had wanted to do so for days. The ideas come truly plus instead of making up perfumes, I will be showing you all real ones which are my favourite .. lol



As you can see above, there is a picture of 5 colourful bottles of 'fragant water' on a dressing table. They significantly happen to be proudly owned by some perfume/cologne fanatic by the name of Brandon. Elarge the pic since no one would be able to recognize them in this view. From L-R they are : Contradiction - Calvin Klein (not opened yet), TOMMY -Tommy Hillfiger, Bvlgari BLV -Bvlgari, Cool Water - Davidoff and some Adidas sports spray.

As stated, I haven't opened the Calvin Klein one but it smelt nice when I tried it in the shops. Thanks to my mum who used to buy these perfumes in Israel for about 10 US$ during the clearance sales. I expect it to be more adult-ish since its lk CK. It is the result of the following top fragrance Notes - juniper, bergamot, lavender, sage, coriander and freesia, sandalwood, moss and cedar. This perfume is supposedly recommended for romantic use .. lol.

The ToMmY one is on the other hand a 14th birthday gift from my step-mum. It came with a bottle after-shave which I conveniently gave my dad.
This fine fragrance contains apple, spearmint, citrus and is accented with cinnamon, cranberry and orange. This perfume always reminds me of Spain coz I used to spray it all over my sweater and scarf. Ahhh .. wonderful Spain. I would say that this fragrance gives a sort of "balloonny" effect. I had another Tommy Hillfiger fragance which went M.I.A. on my return trip from Manila. Probably the stupid baggage people stole it.

The next one which is the BLV one is clearly my favourite one of all so far. I got it way back in 2003 from my mum. Well actually I first found out about it when someone was using it during the school's tokyo trip where I tagged along.. This one is a unique blend
between the spicy freshness of ginger and the deep, mellow scent of tobacco flower, which create a surprising sensation, marked by unexpected contrasts. It provides a similar calming effect of aromatherapy being not so strong.

The Cool Water, Davidoff one is quite a classic having been first produced in 1988.
It contains coriander, rosemary, sage and is accented with amber, oakmoss and sandalwood. I do not really know how to describe this one but I do occasionally wear this one to school .. lol. My step-brother got the the Deep Cool Water one instead since I didn't like that. The Adidas one is a sports deodarant kind of spray and not a cologne. I have a few more bottles since they were sold rather cheap in Manila. I bought it in the mall for about 300 pesos (about Rm 25) per bottle. I don't mind conveniently spraying this one around since its kinda cheap.

Well, that would be a summary of the fragances I currenly own. I'll probably posting about perfumes too next. Haha. If you read my last post, you have known that I've been blabbering about Paris Hilton's new song - "Stars Are Blind". Unfortunately, I saw the damn video on MTV today. God, its the sluttiest one ever. The entire 2 and a half minute features her doing her trademark slutty poses on some guy on the beach. She looked really happy doing so .. So much for the one who gained popularity from a sex tape. Before I may start having wild fantasies, I would prefer to shut that issue out of mind for now.

-tata-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home