A Day In My Life


Saturday, July 08, 2006

New Programs ..

These applications may not seem that new but it kind of is on my comp, so who cares. They are Windows Media Player 11 and Windows Live Messenger.

I'll start with the Windows Media Player Ver. 11 which is extremely Vista-ish. By Vista, I meant Windows Vista the newest unreleased OS
. Its coated in like full glossy black making it look classy. The menus and interface has also been improvised making your usage easier. The main difference if this version from its predecessors is probably the ability of this one to store and view photos and videos.


Another new feature would be the album covers for the various songs. It may be useless at times because many of my songs still do not have album covers. The album covers take up lots of screen space but you can always change it to the traditional list-type of songs. A new online music service by MTV has also been added to the player allowing it to be accesed directly. Its something similar to Apple's iTunes online music shop thingamajig. There is also a new search bar at the top to immediately find songs you want.


I must however admit that I do dislike this player. The older versions were much more simple and convenient if you ask me. I'm just lazy to download the old one again. The verdict is, unless you're desperate for a classy looking media player, don't bother downloading this. Assuming all computers would already be using Windows Vista in 5 years time, every computer will probably feature this media player.

Next on is the Windows Live Messenger which is yet another very Vista-ish program. This too looks very much different compared to the older versio
ns. It takes longer to sign-in with this one in my opinion. Colours used are much glossier and lighter but the new logos lok kinda cute. The look isn't that appealing to me and I once again prefer the older versions .. lol . Enjoy the views (sorry that they're a lil blur) . .

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home