A Day In My Life


Thursday, August 31, 2006

How Patriotic Are You ?

Its Independence Day today but sadly I do not see any difference. It is just another public holiday to me and many others. I do not wake up at 7.30 in the morning to see the celebration what more go watch it live in person. I don't see the significance of sacrificing my time and energy to get cramped up among sweaty malaysians to see colourful floats being paraded.

While some of you may assume that the
Merdeka craze, you are wrong because it all only ends on the 16th of September. It is even worse to think of the national day as the country's birthday cause that happens to also fall on 16/9. There is a difference between National Day and Malaysia Day. At least I know my facts on Malaysia since I'm as follows ..

Congratulations Brandon, you are 50% not Malaysian.

That means you're as Malaysian as...


Michelle Yeoh!

How Un-Malaysian Are You?

I would rather stay awake on the eve of Merdeka to watch fireworks grace the KL skies conveniently from my house's window or balcony. Its more fun .. haha. These are some before and after pictures from the fireworks last night which I spotted from Bukit Bintang and some place near Great Eastern Mall. Surprisingly, there was nothing from Suria KLCC or KL Tower. The colourful Malaysian flag-themed lights on KL Tower are missing this year. I presume there will be fireworks from KLCC tonight since all the Akademi Fantasia people are gonna perform. There's just so much of smoke after it all ..



I had even indulged myself in a Japanese film, All About Dogs which was shown on Astro AEC. Yes, a movie from our violent, ruthless
penjajah's which have long left. A cute but meaningless film with no prper start nor end .. I have to also mention that the five new Astro channels starts broadcasting today. For anime fans there's Animax while I can watch lots of Filipino flicks on Astro Kirana ..

All the government has to advice us on the weeks leading to Merdeka is to
fly our national flag. As if, all there is to patriotism is by flying you flag .. trash. Then, you have ministers telling the people the proper ways of flying it. Putting it on the toilet door would be disrespectful but wearing it isn't .. blek. Its just your intentions that matter .. The minister said that people in america use their flag as their tablecloths so I'm gonna do that. I'll probably laugh when I pour curry or something saucy all over. Some other ways to show your patriotism with the national flag ..
  • Keranamu Malaysia Underwear .. looks lame
  • Malaysia Truly Asia! Handkerchief
  • Tablecloth .. with a bigger flag of course
  • Wrap it up and use it as a condom to show-off ..
  • Bra/Coli Buatan Malaysia .. manually fold it
  • Think of one yourself ..
Look at how patriotic us wms students were yesterday. We were throwing our flags high up in the air and just throwing them on the floor. Disrespectful indeed .. the special guest must have been disgusted. Prof. Khoo to Mr. Peter : "What's wrong with your students" just as how Mr. Peter predicted. It was luckily not some government person or we would all be in serious trouble. We'll probably gonna be blasted tomorrow. Some Form 1's were actually given DC for throwing thier flags or laughing during the event.

I barely waved the silly puny flags we were made to buy. Felt like a fool waving it .. haha. I amazingly have a few other flags like that of other countries but surprisingly not malaysia. So, I now have a new flag in my mini flag collection. Notice that all the flags are the flags of
ASEAN member countries ..



I might have to admit one day that I will nonetheless have this sense of attachment with Malaysia,
tanah tumpahnya darahku, the country I was born in. Well, I am 22 out of 45 Malaysian as compared to some who got lower. I happen to also be as Malaysian as Michelle Yeoh meaning I'm a half-Malaysian. If only the government can allow me to have dual citizenship .. then I can truly literally declare that I'm 50% or half-Malaysian.

-Adios and Selamat Hari Merdeka-

2 Comments:

  • It is in pοіnt of fасt a nice аnԁ helpful
    piеce οf іnfo. I am happy
    that уоu simply ѕhareԁ this useful infoгmаtion ωith us.
    Pleаse keep uѕ informed liκe this.
    Thаnk you for sharіng.
    My blog - 1 month loan

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:56 AM  

  • Thаnk you fοr every оtheг informatіνe blog.
    Where elѕe cοuld I am getting that type
    of іnformation writtеn in ѕuch an ideal apρroach?
    I've a challenge that I'm just now running on,
    аnd I've been on the glance out for such info.
    my web page > loans for bad credit

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home