A Day In My Life


Thursday, December 28, 2006

Casa del Libro

As always I've always devoted the end-year holidays to reading books which I've bought all year round. Fine, not always but I started to do so last year. I finished the adrian mole series last year and h.p. n d half blood prince as well as that dreadful bukit kepong. This time around, I brought a huge number of books again along with me to madrid.



I had two more to bring but I didn't as it would take up weight and I wouldn't be able to finish them. From that pile now, there are still a few which I haven't even started on.

Books I've finished :
1. The Notebook - Nicholas Sparks
2. The Wedding - Nicholas Sparks
3. True Believer - Nicholas Sparks
4. At First Sight - Nicholas Sparks
5. Devil Wears Prada - Lauren Weisberger

Books I've not touched yet :
1. Harmony Silk Factory - Tash Aw
2. Memoirs of A Geisha - Arthur Golden

Looking at that list, I find it funny that i've read 4 nicholas sparks books and one chick lit book. They're nice books though.

Currently, I'm dwelling on The Inheritance of Loss by Kiran Desai. Great book kononnya since it won The 2006 Man Booker Prize. I have to admit that it's kind of boring for me. She just seems to be repeating the same stuff over and over again. Some of the stuff doesn't even make sense to me. The fonts are so bloody
small I tell you that it strains my eyes. Then again, i'm not even in the middle yet so it'll hopefully get better.


Did I mention that I even completed that Konserto Terakhir for next year. I haven't even started on the synopsis yet. Gonna have to do it soon since school's gonna be starting. I'm sure every Form 4 reading it would agree with me that this is so much better than all the war crap in Bukit Kepong. This novel is just more understandable and all but it kinda reminds me of Panas Salju. If you must know, Konserto Terakhir is one hell of an incestuous story to me.

I'm now reminding myself that I would have to seriously complete all holiday homework or I'll be suffering like shit again like this year. I have the konserto synopsis plus that silly add maths paper leong gave. I've kinda forgotten how to do some of it so I'm referring to the
analysis series book non stop. Better complete it or risk being murdered by leong.

Worse still, I completely forgotten about the moral assignments which I told myself I would do at this time of the year. Jiam reminded me two weeks ago but I still haven't started. I have 4 to do and I haven't even started on one! Reminds me now on the computer assignment I was supposed to e-mail to lalitha. I haven't started too .. can someone just strangle me now.

Student life sucks .. blame it all on stupid homework especially the holiday ones. I'm gonna calm myself down, stop fuming and probably start on them. Tranquilo ..



Before I go, I just have to show you all this bottle of El Gaiterro champagne I think which we opened last night. It was absolutely good. Very good quality spanish champagne from asturias. It was not too bitter but not too sweet. Perfecto taste. Expensive stuff from some friends though. I wanna open a bottle of cava tonight.

-adios y hasta luego-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home