A Day In My Life


Thursday, May 31, 2007

Welcome to TEMASIK



I am very sure every football fan in Malaysia knows of the ongoing row between the AFC and well Manchester United since like half of Malaysia is filled with MU fans. This is all because MU's tour match in KL clashes with that AFC Cup which I've never even heard off. I guess AFC realises how unknown their 'Cup' is that they dare not face the competition from MU. Come on, no one I know would actually bother watching unless they hear that Malaysia plays Japan or something.

AFC wants MU reschedule their tour but MU won't budge even after a meeting a few weeks ago. Even PM Badawi wants the match to go on because of the VMY 2007 campaign. The match is of national interest and it was organised by Tourism Malaysia so AFC have no business at all to bother. Even Khairy Jamaluddin has expressed his support for the match to go on.

Imagine how shocked I was to find some of the comments of these damn unopen-minded jakun malaysians in the papers on why the MU match should be cancelled. Just comes to show how some malaysians still have this fucked up kampung mentality ..
  • How can Manchester United get us the Merdeka feeling? Looks like we still love the people who colonised us
  • We got Merdeka from England 1957. We r Asians. Don't support them again. Our future with AFC.
Football is about uniting the world and it has nothing to do with supporting your past colonial leaders .. Vision 2020 ain't gonna work with you jakuns around ..



This comes kind of late but I watched Pirates of the Caribbean 3 at Times Square aka. lala-land last Saturday. Wanted to catch it on Friday at KLCC but no one wanted to tag along.

I must mention that Saturday made me hate Times Square even more. There was this fucked up lala-convention to promote some taiwan tv show with that lesbo-like S.H.E. woman and some fahrenheit guy. The whole entrance was filled with these *insert word* people. Just looking at the way they dress and talk makes me wanna puke. Borders seems to be the only place to regain a touch of the real word in that dreadful mall.

1st things first, I was kind of shocked at first to find out that Pirates 3 was almost three hours long but then again it's worth it considering it cost me Rm 11 for a ticket. Two and a half hours for the second installment was long enough that I was holding my bladder to the max throughout the movie.

There had been many mixed reactions about this movie but personally I found it nice. It may have been rather draggy at certain parts but Jack Sparrow's lame yet spontaneous acting can definitely overcome any boredom whatsoever. Pirates is one of the few series-like movies which have to be watched from the start. If not, you'll just end up dozing off like my sis's friends sitting next to me . Haha

I must add that the animators involved in the production have done a pretty good job with special mention for the various fight scenes. Coolest being the part where two ships were sucked into the whirlpool of water. The topsy-turvy way of getting out of Davy Jones Locker was something interesting too. I must say that they could have done something better when Calypso reappeared bcoz I found that a little crappy. Who could forget the part where Will proposed to Elizabeth and well the way they were unofficially married.

The idea of the Brethren Court was plain cool. Its like a United Nations for pirates. The location of the fourth meeting was another fascinating animated one with odd looking structures and lights. The Mistress Cheng there was very freaky (chinese female pirate lord) while the indian pirate lord was just strange. There was a Spanish one too , Villanueva !!

I found the ending to the movie so-so. I think it would be difficult for the producers to create another sequel with such an ending. Elizabeth and Will evolving from being lovers to pirate lords ain't very appealing to viewers in my opinion. It was a relief to see that the 'fish-people' in the Flying Dutchman had transformed back to normal humans.

Chow Yun Fatt was very lame at the beginning with all the "more steam" parts. Plus, what kind of pirate lord resides in some stinky old bathhouse filled with low-class pirates. "Welcome to Singapore" was even worse. Since when did Singapore which is supposed to be Temasik become a pirate 'hub'. Why not something like "Welcome to Larut" .. fine, that's even lamer. The movie's depiction of Singapore was one hell of a under-statement though.

Something many of us including myself didn't know was that there was actually a scene after all the credits where they showed Will and Elizabeth reuniting 'after 10 years' with their apparent son which was strangely the little boy whom was about to be hanged when he started summoning for the Brethren Court .. my sis only bothered telling me after the movie ended ,, arghh

Overall Rating : 3.5/5

I still want to catch a few more movies during the holidays ie.
  1. Blades of Glory
  2. Shrek 3
  3. Ocean's Thirteen
  4. The Last Mimzy
  5. Fantastic Four 2

-adios y hasta luego-

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home