A Day In My Life


Monday, June 04, 2007

Glorified Blades



Believe it or not, I did manage to catch blades of glory on friday at klcc. I had seen a trailer of it on a news channel (?!?) a long time ago and was determined to catch it in the cinemas. Unfortunately the majority of reactions I got when I expressed my interest in the movie were "eww, why ?!?!" and "god, it looks sick".



I must say that this is by far the most Nacho Libre-like movie I've watched so far but trust me when I say that it is better than Nacho. The combination of sick twisted laughter with a weird sense of gay competition between Jimmy MacElroy played by Jon Heder and Chazz Michael Michaels played by Will Ferrell. Almost classic story of two enemies becoming team mates after they both get banned from men's figure skating as a result of their own actions.



There was generally something funny to laugh about every five minutes or so throughout the whole movie. What would you expect with such a hilarious cast. Who could forget Jon Heder on Napoleon's Dynamite. Another movie with a great production team who could crack out such lame stuff. There was this short part showing some dangerous kick-ass skating move being performed in North Korea which I found rather cool. Blek

Blades of Glory is a MTV Movies production apparently. Never heard of MTV Movies but are there any other movies they've produced ?? Pretty sure there are more movies like this to 'entertain' us.

Overall Rating : 3 / 5

-adios y hasta luego

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home